One of the things we love unconditionally in our life is “food”. We all are food lovers and always seek a chance to have the most favorite item at least once in a month or two. When it comes to food there are specific things we prefer with some kinds/types of food such as with Nachos we prefer cheese dips and sauce, with Pizza we prefer oregano and chili flakes, and with Fries we prefer ketchup. Ketchup is not only used with Fries but also other junk food like burger, sandwich, noodles, hot dog, fried chicken, omelets, and many more. Ketchup is a table sauce and the name came from a Hookien Chinese word “kê-tsiap”.
Tomato ketchup is a sweet and spicy sauce made from tomatoes, sugar, and vinegar, along with some seasonings and spices. There are different types of Ketchup and different brands as well. And while buying something, especially when it is related to food brand and quality matters. The content of nutrition on the backside of every pack is essential to read. It gives you an idea of how much carbohydrates, sugar, protein, preservatives, and artificial color it contains. Consistency is also an important factor when you choose ketchup. The expiry date is also important. Organic tomato ketchup has less expiry time due to freshness. So here I will be listing the top 10 brands of ketchup in India.
1. Smith and Jones Ketchup
Smith and Jones is a brand of capital foods. It is made from ripened tomatoes along with herbs and spices. This ketchup is also available without onion and garlic. Its best quality is that it has understood Indian customers so well.
- It is made with 25% tomato paste
- It contains 5.2g carbohydrate per 100g.
- It contains 0.2g protein per 100g.
Price: Rs.130 (1kg)
2. Heinz Ketchup
Heinz is an American food processing company that was founded by Henry J. Heinz in 1869. This one of the thickest and most consistent ketchup available in the market. This is one of the highest-selling ketchup in the world. It is always known for the consistency of the tomato ketchup.
- It is made with 25.5% tomato paste
- It has a balanced flavor that is neither too tangy not nor over sweet.
- It is thick and tasty.
- It contains 23g carbohydrate per 100g.
- It contains 1.0g protein per 100g.
Price: Rs.175 (1kg)
3. Ching’s Ketchup
Ching’s is a popular brand in India for its wide range of products such as noodles, soup, and most importantly sweet chili, shezwan sauce, and traditional tomato sauce. Ching’s is certainly true to its tagline, “Desi Chinese”. It has flavors added to suit the Indian taste buds. Chinese food in an Indian house is always incomplete without the products of Ching’s.
- It is made with 28% of tomato paste.
- It contains 1.0g of protein per 100g.
- It contains 32g carbohydrate per 100g.
Price: Rs.135 (1kg)
4. Maggi Ketchup
This company was acquired by Nestle in 1947. This brand holds a strong place in the market for decades. To keep itself popular among the people with various cultural preferences Maggie has adopted means like the quintessential Rich Tomato ketchup and Rich Tomato Sauce has no garlic or no onion in it.
- It is made with a combination of tangy tomatoes and chilies.
- It contains 1.2g protein per 100g.
- It turns a boring meal into a yummy flavourful taste experience.
- It contains 33.5g of carbohydrate per 100g.
- It is made with 23.7% tomato paste.
- It has no garlic and no onion.
Price: Rs.147 (1kg)
5. Kissan Ketchup
Kissan has been present in India since 1935. It was introduced primarily for British sellers in India. This product is manufactured by Hindustan Unilever. The popularity of the sauce is that it contains no onion and no garlic. Kissan has also introduced different flavors such as chili tomato, fresh tomato, spicy sauce, and many more.
- It is made with 100% real tomatoes.
- It is easy to pour and use.
- It contains no garlic and no onion.
- It has 5g of carbohydrate per serve.
- It provides 0.2g protein per serve.
- It is carefully sealed in impermeable glass packaging to retain the best flavor and taste of the product.
Price: Rs.160 (1kg)
6. Del Monte Ketchup
Del Monte is one of the oldest brands. It was incepted over 130 years ago in 1886. Now the company has become one of the largest tomato ketchup manufacturers in the world. It is made with high-quality vine-ripened tomatoes. It goes through a systematic process to give you rich textured ketchup.
- It contains 37g of carbohydrate per 100g.
- It has a delicious tomato flavor.
- Finest quality.
- It contains 2g of protein per 100g.
- Made with high-quality vine-ripened tomato.
- It is a vegetarian product.
Price: Rs.130 (1kg)
7. Cremica Ketchup
Cremica is one of India’s most loved ketchup brands. The brand leads the food processing business through its range of products, internationally-certified production facilities, and unmatched expertise in the industry. The sauce is rich in flavors. It has a hint of garlic as well. The ketchup has a slightly tangy taste which is loved by most Indians.
- India’s best-rated premium ketchup brand.
- It contains 1g of protein per 100g.
- It has a thick texture with a slightly coarse glossy appearance.
- It has a sweet taste with vinegar and salt.
- It contains 31g of carbohydrates per 100g.
- It is bright red in color.
- It is made 34.5% of tomato paste.
Price: Rs.130 (1kg)
8. Sil Ketchup
Sil is one of the topmost food products in India. It was incepted in 1952 but the brand was taken over by the Bombay Oil Industry in 1991. Its specialties are baked beans, soup varieties, original ketchup, and hot and sweet ketchup. Sil ketchup contains high nutritional values per 100gm such as carbohydrates, proteins and, etc. The tomato sauce from Sil is available in four different flavors and all of them are equally good.
- It contains 1.06g of protein per 100gm.
- It contains 25.9g of carbohydrate per 100gm.
- It is the topmost food product in India.
- It contains permitted Class-II preservatives.
Price: Rs.145 (1kg)
9. Everest Ketchup
Everest is committed to being one of the most respectable brands in the processed food categories. This brand was established in 1986 in Uttar Pradesh. They are committed to providing high-quality food to the public. They provide products as per customer’s choices such as sachet packs, small size bottles, glass bottles, and pouches. It also manufactures products for other brands on a contract basis.
- It has 33.5g of carbohydrate per 100g.
- It has 1.19g of protein per 100g.
- It is made with 26% tomato paste.
- It has no garlic and no onion.
10. Tops Ketchup
Top’s success story started in 1984. It produces varieties of products such as vinegar, jam, custard powder, drinking chocolate with fresh tomato sauce. Before selecting every tomato is pre-cleaned and checked twice. Thus, it is the best quality ketchup for its consumer.
- It contains 1.50g of protein per 100g.
- It contains 32.68g of carbohydrate per 100g.
- It is made with 28% tomato paste.
Price: Rs.200 (1kg)
The easiest food to consume can often be the hardest thing to choose. I hope the details given above will help you to choose the perfect ketchup according to your taste and health. These were the top 10 brands of ketchup in India which will make your favorite food much tastier.